The eLearnSecurity Web Application Penetration Tester eXtreme (eWAPTX) is our most advanced web application pentesting certification. The eWPTX exam requires students to perform an expert-level penetration test that is then assessed by INE’s cyber security instructors. Students are expected to provide a complete report of their findings as they would in the corporate sector in order to pass.
Here are some of the ways eLearnSecurity Web application Penetration Tester eXtreme certification is different from conventional certification:
- The exam was designed by a cyber security veteran and is based on a real-world scenario experienced in the field.
- You must deploy multiple advanced methodologies to conduct a thorough pentest then present your findings in a detailed, corporate-level report.
- In order to pass, individuals must combine expert knowledge with attention to detail and critical thinking.
By obtaining the eWPTX, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Penetration testing processes and methodologies
- Web application analysis and inspection
- Advanced Reporting skills and Remediation
- Advanced knowledge and abilities to bypass basics advanced XSS, SQLi, etc. filters
- Advanced knowledge of different Database Management Systems
- Ability to create custom exploits when the modern tools fail
The eWPTX is a certification for individuals with a highly technical understanding of web application security. Anyone can attempt the certification exam, however here are the advised skills and knowledge you need to achieve a successful outcome:
- Letters of engagement and the basics related to a penetration testing engagement
- Web application standards and protocols
- Functional and infrastructural analyses on web applications
- Ability to create custom payloads according to the target Web Application
- Vulnerability assessments of web applications
- Manual exploitation of web applications
- Ability in performing post-exploitation techniques
- Outstanding reporting skills
You can prepare for eLearnSecurity’s eWPTX exam through the Web Application Penetration Testing Professional learning path in INE’s Cyber Security Pass.
The candidate will receive a real-world engagement within INE’s Virtual Lab environment. You will need an Internet connection and VPN software in order to carry out this exam.
1. Subscribe to INE’s Cyber Security Pass and enroll in the Web Application Penetration Tester Professional learning path.
The Web Application Penetration Testing eXtreme learning path takes you from a basic-intermediate understanding of web application penetration testing to a Professional level.
2. Attempting the certification without training
Candidates that feel prepared to demonstrate their practical and professional skills can purchase an eCXD voucher and go through the certification process at their own risk.