The eLearnSecurity Web Defense Professional (eWDP) is a senior-level, practical web defense certification that proves a cyber security professional’s defense domain capabilities.
eWDP is different from your standard cyber security exam. Here’s how:
- Tests a candidate’s understanding of web application security defense theory through a challenging multiple choice pre-exam.
- Ensures that candidates can identify and propose valid solutions to vulnerable web applications through a practical, hands-on examination.
- Challenges candidate to assess and mitigate findings from a penetration test report
- Pushes candidates to autonomously validate security fixes through proof-of-concept exploits
- Compels candidates to demonstrate the impact of security issues to development teams and managers
- Ensures that the candidate can mitigate security issues even when changing the code is not possible through virtual patching
By passing the eWDP, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Information Gathering
- Configuration Management
- Authentication and Authorization
- Session Management
- Applied Security Principles
- Virtual Patching
- Intrusion Detection
- Logic Flaws
- Data Validation
- Denial of Service
- Web Services
- Client Side and Phishing
- Error Handling and Logging
eWDP was designed for individuals that possess a deep understanding of web application defense. Everyone can attempt the certification exam, however here are the advised skills necessary for a successful outcome:
- Solid understanding of the content provided in the learning path
- Identify vulnerabilities when looking at a web application
- Identify vulnerabilities when looking at source code
- Fix vulnerabilities in the code
- Virtually patch vulnerabilities without modifying the code
eLearnSecurity’s eWDP is the only certification for web defenders that evaluates your practical abilities through a real world engagement.
eLearnSecurity’s eWDP is divided in two steps: a theoretical, multiple choice assessment through a multiple choice test and a practical exam. Both tests can be taken online and on-demand.
1. Obtain voucher by enrolling in INE’s Practical Web Defense learning path
INE’s Practical Web Defense (PWD) learning path prepares you for the eWDP exam with the necessary theory and a number of hands-on practical challenges similar to the final exam.