The eLearnSecurity Certified Reverse Engineer (eCRE) is awarded to reverse engineers after passing a rigorous, practical examination.
Here are some ways eLearnSecurity Certified Reverse Engineer certification is different from conventional certification:
- Ensures that the candidate has a strong understanding of theoretical aspects behind reverse engineering through a challenging multiple choice pre-exam.
- Establishes that the candidate can perform a thorough reverse engineering scenario in practice through a 100% practical exam.
- Rewards certification to only those applications that receive greater than a 84% score on their pre-test then perform a thorough reverse engineering scenario.
By obtaining the eCRE, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Basics of IA-32 CPU architecture
- Basics of stack operations
- Windows API’s
- PE format
- Reverse engineering of Windows based applications
- Analysis of complex algorithms
- Anti-obfuscation techniques
- Analysis of obfuscated code
The eCRE is a certification for individuals with highly technical understanding of reverse engineering of software. Everyone can attempt the certification exam, however here are the advised skills to possess for a successful outcome:
- In-depth understanding of x86 architecture
- In-depth understanding of the theoretical aspects of reverse engineering
- Performing algorithm analysis on Windows applications
- Performing analysis on obfuscated code
- Using a debugger such as OllyDBG or ImmunityDBG
eLearnSecurity’s eCRE is divided in two steps: a theoretical assessment through a multiple choice test and a practical assessment.
The exam is divided in two steps: a theoretical assessment through a multiple choice test and a practical assessment
Both tests can be taken online, on-demand.
1. Enroll in the Reverse Engineering Professional learning path through INE’s Cyber Security Pass.
The Reverse Engineering Professional learning path takes you from a basic-intermediate understanding of reverse engineering to a Professional level and prepares you for the eCRE exam with the necessary theory and a number of hands-on practical challenges similar to the final exam.