The eCPPT designation stands for eLearnSecurity Certified Professional Penetration Tester. eCPPT is a 100% practical and highly respected Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Professional certification counting certified professional in all the five continents.
Here are some of the ways eLearnSecurity Certified Professional Penetration Tester (v2) certification is different from conventional certification:
- Instead of putting you through a series of multiple-choice questions, you are expected to perform an actual penetration test on a corporate network. This penetration test is modeled after a real-world scenario.
- Not only do you have to try different methodologies to conduct a thorough penetration test, you will also be asked to write a complete report as part of your evaluation. These are the same kinds of reports that will make you a valuable asset in the corporate sector.
- Only individuals who provide proof of their findings in addition to writing a commercial-grade penetration testing report that correctly identifies the weaknesses in this “engagement” are awarded the eCPPT Certification.
By obtaining the eCPPT, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Penetration testing processes and methodologies, against Windows and Linux targets
- Vulnerability Assessment of Networks
- Vulnerability Assessment of Web Applications
- Advanced Exploitation with Metasploit
- Performing Attacks in Pivoting
- Web application Manual exploitation
- Information Gathering and Reconnaissance
- Scanning and Profiling the target
- Privilege escalation and Persistence
- Exploit Development
- Advanced Reporting skills and Remediation
The eCPPT is a certification for individuals with highly technical understanding of networks, systems and web applications attacks. Everyone can attempt the certification exam, however here are the advised skills to possess for a successful outcome:
- Understanding a letter of engagement and the basics related to a penetration testing engagement
- Deep understanding of networking concepts
- Manual exploitation of Windows and Linux targets
- Performing vulnerability assessment of networks
- Using Metasploit for complex and multi-step exploitation of different systems and OS’s
- Web application Manual exploitation
- Ability in performing post-exploitation techniques
- Exploit development skills on x86 environment
- Outstanding reporting skills
eLearnSecurity’s eCPPTv2 is the only certification for Penetration testers that evaluates your abilities at attacking your target and providing thorough professional documentation and recommendation.
The candidate will be provided with a real world engagement within the renowned INE Virtual Labs: the virtual labs in VPN powered by cutting edge virtualization technology where thousands penetration testers worldwide already practice different kinds of penetration testing techniques against real targets. Once valid credentials have been provided for the certification platform, the candidate will be able to perform the tests from the comfort of their home or office. An Internet connection and VPN software is necessary to carry out the exam.
1. Subscribe to INE’s Cyber Security Pass and take the Penetration Testing Professional learning path.
The Penetration Testing Professional path was built for mid-career red team professionals with a general understanding of penetration testing. The courses prepare you for the eCPPT exam through a blend of expert-led courses and practical lab time.
2. Attempt the certification without training
Feel confident in your pentesting capabilities? eLearnSecurity offers certification vouchers for cyber security experts who feel as if they do not need the accompanying training. However, studying for the eCPPTV2 exam by subscribing to INE’s Cyber Security Pass is highly recommended. If you’re ready for the exam now, click the link below to purchase your test.